Last year, Adam Isrow and I had the opportunity to hear Dr. Bryan Williams speak at Les Clefs d'Or Congress in Buenos Aires. The former Global Corporate Director of Training and Organizational Effectiveness for Ritz Carlton, Dr. Williams gave a leadership talk on "Acting Like You Own It"; diving into the habits that make you successful, both as an employee and then as a manager and leader. It is to date, the most inspiring presentation I have ever heard, from the most impressive speaker I have ever heard.
Earlier this month, we threw our Q1 Town Hall - an occasion when we get to bring the team together to align and discuss the year ahead. As our 125 employees are spread out across 15 countries, it is a rare opportunity for our team to get to meet one another in person. The reason I bring it up, however, is that this Town Hall was the first time we have ever invited outside speakers to present, and as such, we invited Dr. Bryan Williams to come and give the same talk to our team and to local NYC customer hotels who wished to attend. If you have the time, I would encourage you to watch the recording of the talk we're including below. Then make the extra effort to "wow" people, to leave proof that you work where you do, and to give your peers great feedback.
The event was a huge success and we want to do more to engage our team and our community. We recently won Best Place to Work in Hotel Tech and that means we had better live up to this honor and deserve it fully. If you would like to help us host an event in your city, please let us know.
Speaking of success and "wow", seeing Intelity raise a $44M round is fantastic. Intelity has been a great partner, integrating their guest-facing front end to our staff-facing back end for Forbes Travel Guide Partner 4- and 5-star hotels (and any other customers). To see our friends get such great backing is a huge positive for everyone in our industry. Well done!
We are hiring,
ALICE had the pleasure of welcoming Dr. Bryan Williams to be the keynote speaker at our 2019 Q1 Town Hall. Dr. Williams is the founder of the BW Leadership Academy and the former Global Corporate Director of Training and Organizational Effectiveness for Ritz Carlton. After holding over 17 roles at the renowned hotel brand, Dr. Williams is a noted authority on service excellence and leadership effectiveness. As the keynote speaker at our Town Hall, Dr. Williams shared with ALICE and a group of ALICE customers his expertise on work habits and the approach to service embodied by world-class employees. His talk covered such topics as:
- The Ownership Mentality
- Habits of Service Superstars
- The Power of Gratitude
- Leading and Influencing Others to Serve With Excellence
We encourage you to watch the video as Dr. Williams truly gave us all a “wow” experience.
- LVMH Lodges Hope in Hotels - Gartner L2
- In a surprising move, LVMH announced it was buying luxury hotel company Belmond for $2.6 billion.
- Always in a Rush, Business Travelers Push for Even Speedier Hotel Services - The New York Times
- Travelers have been pushing for speedier hotel services and hotels are quickly adapting to those demands.
- 18 in ‘18: M&A Activity Surged This Year - Hotel News Now
- The largest in the last 5 years in terms of number of deals, mergers and acquisitions in the industry had a major surge in 2018.
- Investing In Travel Lodging Properties? 14 Future Trends You’ll Want to Prepare for Now - Forbes
- Thanks to platforms like Airbnb, real estate investors are purchasing properties geared specifically towards short term vacation rentals, influencing new trends in the industry.
- Japan’s Robot Hotel Lays Off Half the Robots After They Created More Work for Humans - The Verge
- When the doll-shaped assistant Churi in Japan’s Henn-na “Strange” Hotel can’t answer questions about local businesses’ opening and closing times, the robot and 243 of her robotic counterparts get laid off.
- Airbnb vs. Hotels - Gartner L2
- Airbnb is profitable for the second year in a row. This article looks at how Airbnb stacks up against luxury brands such as Four Seasons, Hilton Hotels & Resorts, and W Hotels when it comes to digital competency.
We’re very proud to announce we’ve won the #1 Best Place to Work in Hotel Tech 2019. The survey, authored by Hotel Tech Report (HTR), asks thousands of hotel tech employees around the world about what it’s like inside the operations of the industry’s greatest technology companies. ALICE topped the rankings across seven key data points, including employee engagement, employee confidence, and values alignment, and received special commendations from HTR on the clarity with which our employees talked about their paths to promotion.
Read the release and let everyone you know we’re hiring.
ALICE IS HIRING